Role: MEICA Graduate Engineer
Area: Project Delivery
Location: Ireland – Nationally
Base: Navan, Co. Meath
Duration: Permanent following 6-month probationary period or extension thereof
About Hydro International Ltd:
Hydro International was established in 1994 and since this time the company has grown to become prominent leaders in the water and wastewater industry. We pride ourselves on a solution based, customer focus approach in offering turn-key projects to the municipal and industrial sectors. In addition to design, build, operation and maintenance capabilities Hydro International also has an extensive off-site manufacturing and innovation facility based in Navan, Co. Meath. This facility supports our Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DfMA) function as well as our machine building capabilities for water/wastewater treatment and dewatering.
Reporting to the Project Manager or the Project Engineer the MEICA Graduate Engineer will be required to assist in the day-to-day aspects of project delivery. The ideal candidate should have a strong academic background with practical examples of working as part of and leading a team in project delivery
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The main duties and responsibilities of the MEICA Graduate Engineer are outlined as
- Support the Project Manager / Project Engineer in delivery of one or more projects.
- Support the Project Manager / Project Engineer with the preparation and submission of design submissions and drawings.
- Engage with supplier and sub-contract chain to obtain technical proposals and pricing for their scope of supply.
- Manage delivery of materials in-line with works programme and progress on-site.
- Co-ordinate sub-contractors and direct staff to ensure project delivery in-line with works programme.
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental standards, policies and procedures are always adhered to on-site.
- Prepare detailed Method Statements and Risk Assessments prior to work activities commencing.
- Conduct daily inspections on equipment and complete daily risks assessments.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager and Project Engineer works on-site to ensure conformance with design and Employer’s Requirements.
- Monitor progress onsite to ensure delivery in line with works programme.
- Prepare and supervise completion of on-site test documentation such as site acceptance tests (SAT), inspection and test plans (ITPs), pipe pressure testing, hydrostatic tank testing and commissioning of the works.
- Attendance at project production meetings and working in a team environment.
- Preparation and submission of project handover files including O&M Manuals, Safety Files and As Constructed Drawings.
- Keep appraised of latest standards and technology through continuous professional development (CPD).
- Other duties as required from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The main knowledge, skills and experience required of the MEICA Project Engineer are outlined as follows:
- Ability to work as part of a team in project delivery and provide input at team meetings.
- Minimum of a Level 7 Degree in a relevant Engineering Qualification.
- Active member of the Institute of Engineers Ireland (IEI) preferable.
- Ability to engage with suppliers and sub-contractors at procurement stage and in delivery of their scope of supply during contract delivery.
- Ability to use own initiative, problem solve and adjust as issues arise during project delivery.
- Good working knowledge of MS packages such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Strong communications skills with a high level of motivation.
How to Apply:
To apply for a position please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference number in the title of the email.
Alternatively apply by post to HR Manager, 20 Mullaghboy Industrial Estate, Navan, Co. Meath, Ireland, C15TK63. As with application by email please quote job reference number in the title of the letter.
Hydro International Limited is an equal opportunities employer.