Role: Bid/Proposals Engineer
Area: Pre-Contract Stage
Location: Ireland – Nationally
Base: Navan, Co. Meath
Duration: Permanent following 6-month probationary period or extension thereof
About Hydro International Ltd:
Hydro International was established in 1994 and since this time the company has grown to become prominent leaders in the water and wastewater industry. We pride ourselves on a solution based, customer focus approach in offering turn-key projects to the municipal and industrial sectors. In addition to design, build, operation and maintenance capabilities Hydro International also has an extensive off-site manufacturing and innovation facility based in Navan, Co. Meath. This facility supports our Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DfMA) function as well as our machine building capabilities for water/wastewater treatment and dewatering.
Reporting to the Bid Manager the Bid/Proposals Engineer will be required to assist in the day-to-day aspects of pre-contract stage delivery, including proposals, preliminary design, project costings, client & stakeholder communication. The ideal candidate should have a strong academic background with strong organisation, presentation and communication skills, relevant experience in tendering and proposal compilation not required but an advantage.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The main duties and responsibilities of the Bid/Proposals Engineer are outlined as follows:
- Support the Bid Manager to ensure the smooth running of the bid process including preliminary design, commercial and technical proposal compilation.
- Review of Tender documents on receipt to ensure their completeness, take-part in bid initiation & GO / NO GO assessment.
- Co-ordination and preparation of bid including follow-up, collection of inputs from various suppliers, sub-contractors or 3rd parties i.e. equipment supply proposals and quotations.
- Ensure that commercial submissions to tenders are fully complied with and all necessary details are provided.
- Proactively work with the supply & sub-contractor chain to ensure Vendors RFQ Technical and Commercial Bid Evaluations are completed in a timely manner.
- Preparation of supporting proposal documentation for the bid including technical design proposals, equipment selection information, project delivery & management plans including resources & preliminary project programmes.
- Work in an organised system to deliver tender proposals within stringent timelines.
- Completion of all other proposals including suitability assessment questionnaires, specialist questionnaires and H&S suitability assessment and competency questionnaires.
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental standards, policies and procedures are prioritised throughout the tendering procedure
- Assist Bid Manager in other various departmental development work.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The main knowledge, skills and experience required of the Bid/Proposals Engineer are outlined as follows:
- 2 years’ experience working in a similar role preferable but not essential.
- Ability to work as part of a team and provide input at team meetings.
- Minimum of a Level 7 Degree in a relevant Engineering/Environmental Scientist Qualification.
- Excellent word skills and report writing skills essential with a keen eye for detail and good presentation.
- Active member of the Institute of Engineers Ireland (IEI) preferable.
- Ability to engage with suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Ability to use own initiative, problem solve and adjust as issues arise during tender compilation.
- Good working knowledge of MS packages such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Strong communications skills with a high level of motivation.
- Strong organisation and time keeping / scheduling skills.
How to Apply:
To apply for a position please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference number in the title of the email.
Alternatively apply by post to HR Manager, 20 Mullaghboy Industrial Estate, Navan, Co. Meath, Ireland, C15TK63. As with application by email please quote job reference number in the title of the letter.
Hydro International Limited is an equal opportunities employer.