Role: CAD Technician
Area: Manufacturing & Project Delivery
Location: Navan with Site Visits Nationally
Base: Navan, Co. Meath
Duration: Permanent following 6-month probationary period or extension thereof
About Hydro International Ltd:
Hydro International was established in 1994 and since this time the company has grown to become prominent leaders in the water and wastewater industry. We pride ourselves on a solution based, customer focus approach in offering turn-key projects to the municipal and industrial sectors. In addition to design, build, operation and maintenance capabilities Hydro International also has an extensive off-site manufacturing and innovation facility based in Navan, Co. Meath. This facility supports our Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DfMA) function as well as our machine building capabilities for water/wastewater treatment and dewatering.
Reporting to Management the CAD Technician will be required to work with the project team, assisting in the preparation of high-quality engineering drawings for a broad range of water and wastewater infrastructure projects. This role is primarily office based with site visits as required to support design and drafting activities. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of working as part of a team as well as using your own initiate to prepare detailed engineering drawings.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The main duties and responsibilities of the CAD Technician are outlined as follows:
- Work as part of a team in delivering multiple projects and tenders at any one time, embracing the ethos of “one team” culture.
- Preparation and submission of planning, tender, design, construction and as constructed drawings in consultation with Project Manager and designers.
- Drafting of piping systems, sheet metal, structural, mechanical, electrical, civil, P&ID’s, mass balance and process flow drawings.
- Visit sites to assess site, take dimensions and create detailed and accurate drawings for manufacture.
- Engage with supplier and sub-contract chain to import, validate and assess 3rd party supply packages and incorporate these into the overall design. Provide recommendations on equipment and package design as part of the design and drafting process.
- Ensure principles of prevention are adopted in the design of the works through careful planning and operability studies.
- Ensure Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental standards, policies and procedures are always adhered to in the office and on-site.
- Monitor progress of your workflow to ensure delivery in line with works programme, adjust workflow and rate as necessary to achieve or better completion date.
- Attendance at project production meetings and working in a team environment to input project metrics and extract workflows.
- Preparation and submission of project handover files including As Constructed Drawings.
- Keep appraised of latest standards and technology through continuous professional development (CPD).
- Other duties as required from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The main knowledge, skills and experience required of the CAD Technician are outlined as follows:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a similar role, preferably in the engineering sector assisting in the preparation of drawings for outline and detailed designs.
- Minimum of a Level 6 Higher Certificate/Diploma in a relevant Mechanical/Civil Engineering qualification.
- Experienced in the lifecycle delivery of mechanical engineering projects from concept design through to completion.
- Ability to work as part of a team in project delivery and provide input at team meetings.
- Ability to manage multi-disciplinary construction teams in a pressurised environment during project delivery.
- Ability to engage with suppliers and sub-contractors at design stage to provide design collaboration.
- Ability to use own initiative, problem solve and adjust as issues arise during project delivery.
- Good working knowledge of engineering draughting software including AutoCAD and Inventor is essential.
- Strong communications skills with a high level of enthusiasm and motivation is essential.
- Working knowledge of REVIT and Navisworks desirable.
- Working knowledge of Building Information Modelling (BIM) including model intelligence, embedded information and COBie extraction desirable but not essential.
- Active member in professional groups such as the CITA BIM Group desirable.
How to Apply:
To apply for a position please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com quoting the job reference number in the title of the email.
Alternatively apply by post to HR Manager, 20 Mullaghboy Industrial Estate, Navan, Co. Meath, Ireland, C15TK63. As with application by email please quote job reference number in the title of the letter.
Hydro International Limited is an equal opportunities employer.