Role: CNC Programmer / Operator
Location: Navan, Co. Meath
Base: Navan, Co. Meath
Duration: Permanent following 6-month probationary period or extension thereof
About Hydro International Ltd:
Hydro International was established in 1994 and since this time the company has grown to become prominent leaders in the water and wastewater industry. We pride ourselves on a solution based, customer focus approach in offering turn-key projects to the municipal and industrial sectors. In addition to design, build, operation and maintenance capabilities Hydro International also has an extensive off-site manufacturing and innovation facility based in Navan, Co. Meath. This facility supports our Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DfMA) function as well as our machine building capabilities for water/wastewater treatment and dewatering.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager the CNC Programmer/Operator will complete milling and turning activities to support our machine building and off-site manufacturing operations. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of working in a manufacturing facility and programming/using CNC machines.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The main duties and responsibilities of the CNC Programmer / Operator are outlined as follows:
- Work as part of a team in our manufacturing facility on one or more projects at any one time, embracing the ethos of “one team” culture.
- Awareness of his or her own Health, Safety and Welfare and that of others.
- Reading and understanding of manufacturing drawings and specifications.
- Production of parts manually and by CNC machine.
- Setting up and operating CNC machines.
- Maintaining quality and safety standards.
- Keeping records in line with quality control systems.
- Maintaining equipment in-line with manufactures recommendations.
- Ensure adequate supply of raw materials and co-ordination of re-ordering/re-stocking.
- CNC Machining – Milling and Turning
- Manual Machining – Milling and Turning
- Provide support from time to time in machine assembly as required.
- Liaise closely with manufacturing manager in order to ensure timely delivery of the workflow.
- Seek to improve the manufacturing process by providing lessons learned feedback and innovative solutions for adoption on future projects.
- Keep appraised of latest standards and technology through continuous professional development (CPD).
- Other duties as required from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The main knowledge, skills and experience required of the CNC Programmer/Operator are outlined as follows:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a similar role, preferably in the mechanical manufacturing industry.
- Experienced in the programming and operation of CNC machines for milling and turning.
- Relevant Mechanical or Engineering qualification.
- Good working knowledge of mechanical systems and their operation.
- Ability to work as part of a team with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- CAD / CAM knowledge and experience is desirable.
- Ability to manage time when given a work list, including continuous feedback to line manager on work close-out.
- Ability to use own initiative, problem solve and adjust as issues arise.
How to Apply:
To apply for a position please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com quoting the job reference number in the title of the email.
Alternatively apply by post to HR Manager, 20 Mullaghboy Industrial Estate, Navan, Co. Meath, Ireland, C15TK63. As with application by email please quote job reference number in the title of the letter.
Hydro International Limited is an equal opportunities employer.