Role: Mechanical Fitter
Area: Project Delivery
Location: Ireland – Nationally
Base: Navan, Co. Meath
Duration: Permanent following 6-month probationary period or extension thereof
About Hydro International Ltd:
Hydro International was established in 1994 and since this time the company has grown to become prominent leaders in the water and wastewater industry. We pride ourselves on a solution based, customer focus approach in offering turn-key projects to the municipal and industrial sectors. In addition to design, build, operation and maintenance capabilities Hydro International also has an extensive off-site manufacturing and innovation facility based in Navan, Co. Meath. This facility supports our Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DfMA) function as well as our machine building capabilities for water/wastewater treatment and dewatering.
Reporting to the Project Manager our Mechanical Fitters complete mechanical installations on water and wastewater plants and equipment. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of working with a mechanical contractor and working on site installations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The main duties and responsibilities of Mechanical Fitters are outlined as follows:
- Work as part of a team in the delivery of one or more projects at any one time, embracing the ethos of “one team” culture.
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental standards, policies and procedures are always adhered to on-site.
- Review of design stage mechanical drawings and P&ID in order to validate designs, familiarise with project and spot issues before they arise. Provide input and feedback on design in order to improve the installation efficiency and the quality of the finished installation.
- Complete machine and skid assemblies as required at our workshop in Navan, Co. Meath.
- Complete site installations of equipment and systems including offload, placement, securing and mechanical fitting.
- Complete system pipework and valve installations including supporting brackets and stands. Pipework and valve installations may range from DN4mm to DN2000mm in PVC, DI, PE or SS.
- Complete system testing in the form of pipework pressure tests on completion of installation.
- Complete Health & Safety checks and permits as required for work activities being undertaken.
- Troubleshoot equipment and instrumentation, strip-down and repair equipment as necessary to ensure good working order.
- Conduct periodic inspections and preventative maintenance on system installations.
- Complete all test documentation and inspection and test plans (ITPs) and issue back to Project Manager.
- Liaise closely with project delivery engineering team on-site, HSQE advisor and management in order to ensure safe and timely delivery of the mechanical installation.
- Organise and facilitate plant shutdowns and/or diversion of flows as required with project delivery team and the customer through permit to work systems.
- Ensure positive experience for the customer and their representatives instilling an ethos of professionalism, collaboration and co-operation.
- Seek to improve the mechanical installation process by providing lessons learned feedback and innovative solutions for adoption on future projects.
- Keep appraised of latest standards and technology through continuous professional development (CPD).
- Other duties as required from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The main knowledge, skills and experience required of Mechanical Fitters are outlined as follows:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a similar role, preferably in the water and wastewater industry.
- Experienced in the mechanical installation of equipment, systems and pipework (including Stainless Steel, PVC, PE, and Ductile Iron).
- Ability to liaise directly with customers and answer customer queries.
- Relevant Mechanical Fitting or Plumbing qualification.
- Good working knowledge of pump, compressor, blower and valve systems including stripdown and repair.
- Ability to work as part of a team with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to weld mild steel and ability to weld stainless steel desirable.
- Ability to manage time when given a work list, including continuous feedback to line manager on work close-out.
- Ability to use own initiative, problem solve and adjust as issues arise on-site.
- Full Driving License.
How to Apply:
To apply for a position please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com quoting the job reference number in the title of the email.
Alternatively apply by post to HR Manager, 20 Mullaghboy Industrial Estate, Navan, Co. Meath, Ireland, C15TK63. As with application by email please quote job reference number in the title of the letter.
Hydro International Limited is an equal opportunities employer.