Role: Senior HSQE Advisor
Area: Shared Services – HSQE
Location: Navan with Site Visits Nationally
Base: Navan, Co. Meath
Duration: Permanent following 6-month probationary period or extension thereof
About Hydro International Ltd:
Hydro International was established in 1994 and since this time the company has grown to become prominent leaders in the water and wastewater industry. We pride ourselves on a solution based, customer focus approach in offering turn-key projects to the municipal and industrial sectors. In addition to design, build, operation and maintenance capabilities Hydro International also has an extensive off-site manufacturing and innovation facility based in Navan, Co. Meath. This facility supports our Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DfMA) function as well as our machine building capabilities for water/wastewater treatment and dewatering.
Reporting to the Managing Director and Commercial Director the Senior HSQE advisor will be required to manage the day-to-day aspects of Health, Safety, Quality, Environmental (HSQE) and wellbeing within the organisation. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of working in the construction, civil engineering and/or M&E industry for a Main Contractor. The Senior HSQE advisor will be responsible for maintaining company standards and making improvements as necessary.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The main duties and responsibilities of the Senior HSQE Advisor are outlined as follows:
- Work as part of a team in the delivery of the HSQE function, leading staff by example as a “one team” culture.
- Continuously promote a positive Health and Safety culture within the team in their thinking and actions.
- Ensure compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental legislation, standards, policies and procedures.
- Ensure standards are maintained at a site level through liaison with project delivery teams and regular site audits/inspections.
- Facilitate customers in conducting Health and Safety audits/inspections.
- Engage with our customers on Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental matters arising on projects and within the organisation.
- Liaise, co-ordinate and cooperate closely with agencies such as the IFI, NPWS, HSA, EPA, OPW, etc.
- Prepare and review preliminary and construction stage Safety and Health Plans.
- Maintain Health and Safety Management System OHSAS 18001.
- Maintain Quality Management System ISO 9001.
- Maintain Environmental Management System ISO 14001.
- Achieve and maintain Workplace Wellbeing Certification – KeepWell Mark.
- Develop and maintain standard forms and procedures in line with OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Conduct and facilitate internal and external audits/inspections on OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 management systems.
- Ensure sustainability of the company and seek opportunities and improvements for reducing the carbon footprint of our operations. In the long term implement and maintain Energy Management System ISO 50001.
- Prepare monthly reports on HSQE for presentation at Management and Board meetings.
- Obtain and review Health and Safety documentation, including insurances, from subcontractors and suppliers to complete works on our sites.
- Assist and guide the project delivery teams in preparation and submission of effective Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
- Facilitate and advise on the role of PSDP for live projects with internal and external designers. Co-ordinate the role of PSCS on live sites and ensure that project delivery teams have all required documentation in place and up to date.
- Provide assistance, oversight and guidance from time to time on tendering opportunities. Including preparation of technical input on HSQE write-ups and drafting of Construction Stage Safety and Health plans.
- Ensure positive experience for the customer and their representatives instilling an ethos of HSQE awareness, collaboration and co-operation.
- Respond to and address any customer and stakeholder complaints in a timely manner. Obtain customer satisfaction surveys and provide any feedback on how to improve our customer service.
- Seek to improve Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental standards in the organisation by providing lessons learned feedback and innovative solutions for adoption on future projects.
- Keep appraised of latest legislation, standards and technology through continuous professional development (CPD).
- Provide input to business functions and operations in shaping and implementing efficiencies and improvements.
- Other duties as required from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The main knowledge, skills and experience required of the Senior HSQE Advisor are outlined as follows:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a similar role in the construction, civil engineering and/or M&E industry for a Main Contractor.
- Extensive working knowledge of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013.
- Ability to liaise directly with customers as Hydro International representative on Health, Safety Quality, Environmental and Wellbeing issues.
- Minimum of a Level 8 Honours Degree in a relevant Health and Safety and/or Environmental Qualification.
- Ability to work as part of a team with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A highly motivated individual with an ambition to improve and enhance the Health and Safety culture in the Construction industry.
- Ability to use own initiative, problem solve and adjust as issues arise.
- Ability to work under pressure and react in a calm, professional, efficient and effective manner in the event of an near miss, accident or incident.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS packages such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
How to Apply:
To apply for a position please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com quoting the job reference number in the title of the email.
Alternatively apply by post to HR Manager, 20 Mullaghboy Industrial Estate, Navan, Co. Meath, Ireland, C15TK63. As with application by email please quote job reference number in the title of the letter.
Hydro International Limited is an equal opportunities employer.