Role: HSEQ Advisor
Area: Shared Services – HSEQ
Location: Navan with Site Visits Nationally
Base: Navan, Co. Meath
Duration: Permanent following 6-month probationary period or extension thereof
About Hydro International Ltd:
Hydro International was established in 1994 and since this time the company has grown to become prominent leaders in the water and wastewater industry. We pride ourselves on a solution based, customer focus approach in offering turn-key projects to the municipal and industrial sectors. In addition to design, build, operation and maintenance capabilities Hydro International also has an extensive off-site manufacturing and innovation facility based in Navan, Co. Meath. This facility supports our Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DfMA) function as well as our machine building capabilities for water/wastewater treatment and dewatering.
Reporting to the Senior HSEQ advisor, the successful candidate will be required to assist in managing the day-to-day aspects of Health, Safety, Environmental, Quality (HSEQ) and wellbeing within the organisation. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of working in the construction, civil engineering and/or M&E industry for a Main Contractor. The HSEQ advisor will be responsible for maintaining company standards and making improvements as necessary.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The main duties and responsibilities of the HSEQ Advisor are outlined as follows:
- Work as part of a team in the delivery of the HSEQ function, leading staff by example as a “one team” culture.
- Continuously promote a positive Health and Safety culture within the team in their thinking and actions.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental legislation, standards, policies and procedures.
- Assist in ensuring standards are maintained at a site level through liaison with project delivery teams and regular site audits/inspections.
- Assist with facilitating customers in conducting Health and Safety audits/inspections.
- Engage with our customers on Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental matters arising on projects and within the organisation.
- Liaise, co-ordinate and cooperate closely with agencies such as the IFI, NPWS, HSA, EPA, OPW, etc.
- Prepare and review preliminary and construction stage Safety and Health Plans.
- Assist in maintaining Occupational Health and Safety Management System ISO 45001.
- Assist in maintaining Quality Management System ISO 9001.
- Assist in maintaining Environmental Management System ISO 14001.
- Assist in developing and maintaining standard forms and procedures in line with ISO 45001, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Assist with completion and facilitation of internal and external audits/inspections on ISO 45001, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 management systems.
- Assist with ensuring sustainability of the company and seek opportunities and improvements for reducing the carbon footprint of our operations.
- Assist in preparation of HSEQ reports.
- Assist in obtaining and reviewing Health and Safety documentation, including insurances, from sub-contractors and suppliers to complete works on our sites.
- Assist and guide the project delivery teams in preparation and submission of effective Method Statements and Risk Assessments (RAMS).
- Assist in facilitating and advising on the role of PSDP for live projects with internal and external designers. Co-ordinate the role of PSCS on live sites and ensure that project delivery teams have all required documentation in place and up to date.
- Assist HSEQ element on tendering opportunities. Including preparation of technical input on HSEQ write-ups and drafting of Construction Stage Safety and Health plans.
- Respond to and address any customer and stakeholder complaints in a timely manner. Obtain customer satisfaction surveys and provide any feedback on how to improve our customer service.
- Seek to improve Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental standards in the organisation by providing lessons learned feedback and innovative solutions for adoption on future projects.
- Keep appraised of latest legislation, standards and technology through continuous professional development (CPD).
- Provide input to business functions and operations in shaping and implementing efficiencies and improvements.
- Other duties as required from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The main knowledge, skills and experience required of the HSEQ Advisor are outlined as follows:
- 0-2 years’ experience working in a similar role in the construction, civil engineering and/or M&E industry for a Main Contractor.
- Working knowledge of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013.
- Ability to liaise directly with customers as Hydro International representative on Health, Safety Quality, Environmental and Wellbeing issues.
- Minimum of a Level 8 Honours Degree in a relevant Health and Safety and/or Environmental Qualification.
- Ability to work as part of a team with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A highly motivated individual with an ambition to improve and enhance the Health and Safety culture in the Construction industry.
- Ability to use own initiative, problem solve and adjust as issues arise.
- Ability to work under pressure and react in a calm, professional, efficient and effective manner in the event of a near miss, accident or incident.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS packages such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
How to Apply:
To apply for a position please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference number in the title of the email.
Alternatively apply by post to HR Manager, 20 Mullaghboy Industrial Estate, Navan, Co. Meath, Ireland, C15TK63. As with application by email please quote job reference number in the title of the letter.
Hydro International Limited is an equal opportunities employer.