Role: Mechanical Fitter / Fabricator
Area: Manufacturing & Maintenance
Location: Ireland – Nationally
Base: Navan, Co. Meath
Duration: Permanent following 6-month probationary period or extension thereof
About Hydro International Ltd:
Hydro International was established in 1994 and since this time the company has grown to become prominent leaders in the water and wastewater industry. We pride ourselves on a solution based, customer focus approach in offering turn-key projects to the municipal and industrial sectors. In addition to design, build, operation and maintenance capabilities Hydro International also has an extensive off-site manufacturing and innovation facility based in Navan, Co. Meath. This facility supports our Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DfMA) function as well as our machine building capabilities for water/wastewater treatment and dewatering.
Reporting to the Workshop Manager this role involves building and repair of new and ‘in service’ wastewater plants and equipment. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of working in a workshop environment and possess good all-round skills in the areas of fitting (gearboxes, pumps), basic milling/turning and TIG welding. The ability to read drawings and interpret site sketches is a prerequisite and knowledge of stainless steel fabrication/pipework and/or CNC equipment would be a
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The main duties and responsibilities of Mechanical Fitters are outlined as follows:
- Work as part of a team in the delivery of one or more projects at any one time, embracing the ethos of “one team” culture.
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental standards, policies and procedures are always adhered.
- Review of design stage mechanical drawings and P&ID in order to validate designs, familiarise with project and spot issues before they arise. Provide input and feedback on design in order to contribute to DfMA efficiencies
- Complete machine and skid assemblies as required at our workshop in Navan, Co. Meath.
- Disassembly and repair/maintenance of equipment returning from site; requires flexible approach to working hours
- Complete system testing in the form of pipework pressure tests on completion of build or repair.
- Troubleshoot equipment and instrumentation, strip-down and repair equipment as necessary to ensure good working order including periodic inspections and preventative maintenance on system installations
- Complete all test documentation and inspection and test plans (ITPs) as required
- Ensure positive experience for the customer and their representatives instilling an ethos of professionalism, collaboration and co-operation.
- Actively participate in product and process improvement by providing lessons learned feedback and innovative solutions for adoption on future projects.
- Keep appraised of latest standards and technology through continuous professional development (CPD).
- Other duties as required from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The main knowledge, skills and experience required of Mechanical Fitters are outlined as follows:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a similar role in a fast-paced manufacture and repair workshop
- Experienced in the mechanical installation of equipment, systems and pipework (including Stainless Steel, PVC, PE, and Ductile Iron).
- Ability to liaise on a technical level with site personnel to support site activities
- Relevant Mechanical Fitting qualification
- Good working knowledge of pump, compressor, blower and valve systems including stripdown and repair.
- Ability to work as part of a team with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to weld mild steel and ability to weld stainless steel desirable.
- Ability to manage time when given a work list, including continuous feedback to line manager on work close-out.
- Ability to use own initiative, problem solve and adjust as issues arise on-site.
- Full Driving License.
How to Apply:
To apply for a position please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com quoting the job reference number in the title of the email.
Alternatively apply by post to HR Manager, 20 Mullaghboy Industrial Estate, Navan, Co. Meath, Ireland, C15TK63. As with application by email please quote job reference number in the title of the letter.
Hydro International Limited is an equal opportunities employer.