Role: MEICA Project Engineer
Area: Project Delivery
Location: Ireland – Nationally
Base: Navan, Co. Meath
Duration: Permanent following 6-month probationary period or extension thereof
About Hydro International Ltd:
Hydro International was established in 1994 and since this time the company has grown to become prominent leaders in the water and wastewater industry. We pride ourselves on a solution based, customer focus approach in offering turn-key projects to the municipal and industrial sectors. In addition to design, build, operation and maintenance capabilities Hydro International also has an extensive off-site manufacturing and innovation facility based in Navan, Co. Meath. This facility supports our Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DfMA) function as well as our machine building capabilities for water/wastewater treatment and dewatering.
Reporting to the Project Manager the MEICA Project Engineer will be required to assist in the day-today aspects of project delivery. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of working as part of a team as well as using your own initiate to solve problems.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The main duties and responsibilities of the MEICA Project Engineer are outlined as follows:
- Support the Project Manager in delivery of one or more projects.
- Preparation and submission of design documentation in consultation with Project Manager and designers.
- Engage with supplier and sub-contract chain to select vendors for project delivery. Provide recommendations on equipment selection as part of the design and procurement process.
- Ensure principles of prevention are adopted in the design of the works through careful planning and operability studies.
- Manage delivery of materials in-line with works programme and progress on-site.
- Co-ordinate sub-contractors and direct staff to ensure project delivery in-line with works programme.
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental standards, policies and procedures are always adhered to on-site.
- Review, prepare and submit detailed Method Statements and Risk Assessments prior to work activities commencing.
- Conduct daily inspections on equipment and complete daily risks assessments.
- Supervise works on-site to ensure conformance with design and Employer’s Requirements.
- Monitor progress onsite to ensure delivery in line with works programme, adjust workflow and rate as necessary to achieve or better completion date.
- Ensure project is delivered in-line with quality procedures and that all Factory Acceptance testing (FAT), site acceptance testing (SAT), inspection and test plans (ITPs), pipe pressure testing, hydrostatic tank testing and commissioning of the works are completed in-line with the quality plan and Employer’s Requirements.
- Attendance at project production meetings and working in a team environment to input project metrics and extract workflows.
- Preparation and submission of project handover files including O&M Manuals, Safety Files and As Constructed Drawings.
- Keep appraised of latest standards and technology through continuous professional development (CPD).
- Other duties as required from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The main knowledge, skills and experience required of the MEICA Project Engineer are outlined as follows:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a similar role, preferably in the water and wastewater industry.
- Extensive working knowledge of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013.
- Experienced in the design, construction, commissioning and process proving of mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation (MEICA) systems.
- Ability to work as part of a team in project delivery and provide input at team meetings.
- Minimum of a Level 7 Degree in a relevant Engineering Qualification.
- Active member of the Institute of Engineers Ireland (IEI) preferable.
- Ability to manage multi-disciplinary construction teams in a pressurised environment during project delivery.
- Ability to engage with suppliers and sub-contractors at procurement stage and in delivery of their scope of supply during contract delivery.
- Ability to use own initiative, problem solve and adjust as issues arise during project delivery.
- Good working knowledge of MS packages such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Strong communications skills with a high level of motivation.
How to Apply:
To apply for a position please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference number in the title of the email.
Alternatively apply by post to HR Manager, 20 Mullaghboy Industrial Estate, Navan, Co. Meath, Ireland, C15TK63. As with application by email please quote job reference number in the title of the letter.
Hydro International Limited is an equal opportunities employer.