Role: MEICA Design Engineer
Area: Project Delivery
Location: Ireland – Nationally
Base: Navan, Co. Meath
Duration: Permanent following 6-month probationary period or extension thereof
About Hydro International Ltd:
Hydro International was established in 1994 and since this time the company has grown to become prominent leaders in the water and wastewater industry. We pride ourselves on a solution based, customer focus approach in offering turn-key projects to the municipal and industrial sectors. In addition to design, build, operation and maintenance capabilities Hydro International also has an extensive off-site manufacturing and innovation facility based in Navan, Co. Meath. This facility supports our Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DfMA) function as well as our machine building capabilities for water/wastewater treatment and dewatering.
Reporting to the Project Manager the MEICA Design Engineer will be required to assist in the day-today
aspects of project design delivery from concept design through to detailed design sign-off. The
ideal candidate should have a proven track record of working as part of a team as well as using your
own initiate to solve problems.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The main duties and responsibilities of the MEICA Design Engineer are outlined as follows:
- Support the Project Manager in delivery of the design stage of project delivery including concept design, optioneering, detailing design, design submissions, specifications and procurement.
- Preparation and submission of design documentation in consultation with Project Manager and Project Engineers.
- Engage with supplier and sub-contract chain to select vendors for equipment and instrumentation. Provide recommendations on equipment selection as part of the design and procurement process.
- Ensure principles of prevention are adopted in the design of the works through careful planning and operability studies.
- Manage delivery of design programme in-line with project needs and required timelines.
- Co-ordinate sub-consultants and direct staff to ensure project design delivery in-line with works programme.
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental standards, policies and procedures are always adhered to on-site.
- Review, prepare and submit detailed Design Risk Assessments (DRA’s) and Temporary and Permanent Works Design Certificates.
- Continually cross reference design with Employer’s Requirements to ensure compliance with client’s needs.
- Seek and provide lessons learned feedback for continuous improvement of designs, design process and delivery efficiencies.
- Ensure project is delivered in-line with quality procedures and that all Hazard and Operability studies are completed, and actions closed off in advance of final design sign-off.
- Attendance at project production meetings and working in a team environment to input project metrics and extract workflows.
- Preparation and submission of project handover files including O&M Manuals, Safety Files and As Constructed Drawings.
- Keep appraised of latest standards and technology through continuous professional development (CPD).
- Other duties as required from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The main knowledge, skills and experience required of the MEICA Design Engineer are outlined as follows:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a similar role, preferably in the water and wastewater industry.
- Extensive working knowledge of the role of Designers and the Project Supervisor Design Process (PSDP) according to the HSA. Training in the role of PSDP is desirable.
- Experienced in the design and construction of mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation (MEICA) systems.
- Ability to work as part of a team in project delivery and provide input at team meetings.
- Minimum of a Level 7 Degree in a relevant Engineering Qualification.
- Active member of the Institute of Engineers Ireland (IEI) preferable.
- Ability to manage multi-disciplinary design and construction teams in a pressurised environment and meet site design demands on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to engage with sub-consultants, suppliers and sub-contractors at design and procurement stage to advance design in-line with programme.
- Ability to use own initiative, problem solve and adjust as issues arise during project design phase.
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD and MS packages such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Strong communications skills with a high level of motivation.
How to Apply:
To apply for a position please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com quoting the job reference number in the title of the email.
Alternatively apply by post to HR Manager, 20 Mullaghboy Industrial Estate, Navan, Co. Meath, Ireland, C15TK63. As with application by email please quote job reference number in the title of the letter.
Hydro International Limited is an equal opportunities employer.