Role: Commissioning Engineer
Area: Project Delivery
Location: Ireland – Nationally
Base: Navan, Co. Meath
Duration: Permanent following 6-month probationary period or extension thereof
About Hydro International Ltd:
Hydro International was established in 1994 and since this time the company has grown to become prominent leaders in the water and wastewater industry. We pride ourselves on a solution based,customer focus approach in offering turn-key projects to the municipal and industrial sectors. In addition to design, build, operation and maintenance capabilities Hydro International also has an extensive off-site manufacturing and innovation facility based in Navan, Co. Meath. This facility supports our Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DfMA) function as well as our machine building capabilities for water/wastewater treatment and dewatering.
Reporting to the Managing Director and Commercial Director the Commissioning Engineer will be required to implement plant start-up, testing and proving procedures following Mechanical and Electrical Installation. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of working with a Main Contractor in the commissioning of Mechanical and Electrical systems (ideally in the water and wastewater industry).
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The main duties and responsibilities of the Commissioning Engineer are outlined as follows:
- Health, Safety and Environmental standards, policies and procedures are always adhered to on-site.
- Support project delivery teams in the development and preparation of commissioning test documentation.
- Review of design stage control philosophies, motor and instrument listings, panel drawings and cable schedules in order to validate designs, familiarise with project and spot issues before they arise.
- Attend Hazard and Operability Studies (HAZOP) and Control Hazard and Operability studies (CHAZOP) and provide input on commissioning and operability issues as required.
- Attend third part Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs) and Site Acceptance Tests (SATs) as required and provide acceptance sign-off on behalf of the company.
- Complete preliminary installation checks and provide completion snag lists to mechanical and electrical sub-contractors.
- Conduct initial power-up of MCC’s and complete rotation checks on motors and I/O point to point checks (dry testing).
- Set-up instrumentation in the field and scale instrument 4-20 mA signals back to PLC. Calibrate any instruments requiring field calibration.
- Upload first draft of PLC code in conjunction with automation contractor and conduct preliminary dry tests.
- Divert flows to new works process and conduct wet testing of PLC/HMI/SCADA automated sequences. Ensure that PLC/HMI/SCADA logic conforms to control philosophy and de-bug as necessary.
- Troubleshoot equipment, instrumentation, hardware and software in order to ensure correct operation.
- Work with Process Engineers in order to optimise and improve process performance of water and wastewater infrastructure.
- Complete all commissioning documentation including pre-test inspections, commissioning reports and works demonstration. Provide demonstration of same to customer and receive sign-off.
- Liaise closely with project delivery engineering team on-site, HSQE advisor and management in order to ensure safe and timely delivery of the commissioning process.
- Organise and facilitate plant shutdowns and/or diversion of flows as required with project delivery team and the customer through permit to work systems.
- Ensure positive experience for the customer and their representatives instilling an ethos of collaboration and co-operation.
- Seek to improve the commissioning process by providing lessons learned feedback and innovative solutions for adoption on future projects.
- Keep appraised of latest standards and technology through continuous professional development (CPD).
- Other duties as required from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The main knowledge, skills and experience required of the Commissioning Engineer are outlined as follows:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a similar role, preferably in the water and wastewater industry.
- Experienced in the commissioning and process proving of mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation (MEICA) systems.
- Ability to liaise directly with customers on commissioning activities and sign-off.
- Relevant Electrical Qualification.
- Ability to work as part of a team with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make PLC/HMI modifications desirable.
- Ability to manage time in a pressurised environment during commissioning process.
- Ability to use own initiative, problem solve and adjust as issues arise during commissioning.
- Good working knowledge of MS packages such as Word and Excel.
- Full Driving License.
How to Apply:
To apply for a position please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com quoting the job reference number in the title of the email.
Alternatively apply by post to HR Manager, 20 Mullaghboy Industrial Estate, Navan, Co. Meath, Ireland, C15TK63. As with application by email please quote job reference number in the title of the letter.
Hydro International Limited is an equal opportunities employer.